Rules and Regulations
March 23 – April 30
During this time of social distancing let’s remember our local businesses economy - snap a pic and win one of two $1,000 prizes to spend at local businesses! The Greater Parkland Regional Chamber of Commerce (GPRC) is rolling out a #DoingMyPartGPR Contest through social media. Local businesses, run by our friends and neighbours, are open and need our help too. Local businesses are the first to step up and support our communities, our local sports and our local events. So, let’s all get out there and shop local because if we all support our friends and neighbours – together, we’ll come through these uncertain times and be stronger because of it!
If you are working from the comfort of your home, or still out and about, here’s how to enter: from March 23, 2020 to April 30, 2020 we want you to post how you are supporting local business with an Instagram or Facebook post using #DoingMyPartGPR and tagging the Greater Parkland Regional Chamber (@GPRChamber).
- For those who are not up for going out in public, this could be a picture of the food or items you had delivered or the item you purchased locally online, via phone, or taken up the offer for doorstep delivery.
- For those times when you have to venture out to pick up your items, take a pic of your click and collect haul, curbside pick up (that many of our local shops are offering), or drive-thru purchase.
PLEASE only go into businesses if you are healthy and safe to do so. Delivery, curbside pick up and other means qualify as submissions. Keep those hands clean and limit contact with others.
- You must be supporting a business within Parkland County boundaries. They do not have to be a Chamber member. Ordering items off Amazon or Wayfair, for example, do not count.
- You must tag the Greater Parkland Regional Chamber of Commerce (@GPRChamber) and use #DoingMyPartGPR in your caption.
- Tags and hashtags must be your own post and not in the comments of someone else’s.
- Tags in Instagram or Facebook stories do not count.
- One entry per post if the posts are about/at/with a different business.
GPRC staff will be collecting names of all individual posts and will do a draw on May 1st to announce the two winners. The winners will each receive ten $100 gift cards to area businesses. Gift cards will be pre-purchased, the winner does not get to choose where the gift cards are from. This is to ensure we are supporting businesses from our whole region.
Please note that the two winning posts may be subject to a proof of purchase, so keep it honest, and please be able to provide proof of purchase if asked.
Proof of purchase can include:
- A receipt
- Bank statement showing debit of funds
Remember, only go out in person to stores, restaurants and establishments if you feel safe to do so. Please do not put others at risk. Many of our businesses are willing to accommodate customers so people are not having to put themselves or others at risk.
Pick up the phone, get online, or sanitize and step out and support our business economy so that they’re still around to support our community for years to come after this.
Below is the map of Parkland County from the County’s website that will be used to depict the boundary.
The Greater Parkland Regional Chamber of Commerce would like to thank the City of Spruce Grove, Town of Stony Plain, Village of Wabamun and Parkland County for their support of this initiative.
With The Support of